Last Updated: 10/24/2020
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
- Account & Profile Information. When you sign up, we collect your first name, last name, and email address to create, process, and maintain your account, provide you with requested services, send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages. When you book or lease a property, we may ask you to provide additional information such as your address, phone number, company name, purpose of your trip, and date of birth.
- Application Information. During the resident screening process required to book a property, we may ask you to provide additional information such as rental history, financial history, criminal history, or other identity verification information.
- Support Information. When you interact with us via email or phone, we will collect certain information generated by your use of services or information that you choose to share with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, record your phone conversations with our support team.
- Review Information. If you book a property or lease a property to us, we may ask you to complete a survey or review regarding our services. Reviews may be posted publicly on our website with your consent.
- Job Application Information. If you choose to apply to a job with The Bindel, we will collect your name, address, email address, and information contained on your resume.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Analytics Information. We collect information about your device, operating system, IP address, and other information about your interactions with pages you view. Under some circumstances, your personally identifiable information may be collected by or already attached to cookies that have tracked your interactions across the Internet.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
- Credit History. If you apply for a property, we may ask you for identifying information to obtain your US credit history from a third party service provider.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide for the following purposes, in accordance with applicable law:
- To provide and improve The Bindel services;
- To determine whether or not to approve or deny your application;
- To allow you to make payments via your financial institution;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide customer support;
- To analyze advertisement performance;
- To process job applications;
- To monitor the usage of the site;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent fraud, misuse of our services, and other illegal activities, and protect our and others’ rights and properties; and
- To comply with legal obligations.
Information We Share with Third Parties
Information Shared With Other Users
Other users of our services can see information about you in certain circumstances such as when you write a review.
Information Shared With Authorized Third Parties
We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with the following carefully selected third parties:
- Service providers that help us with business operations such as processing your rental application, accepting payments, running credit checks, letting building managers know you will be moving in, responding to your phone or email inquiries, responding to resident issues, processing job applications, and analyzing use of our services. In some instances, certain third parties may receive from us or collect on our behalf your financial information and social security number when permitted by law. We do not allow these third parties to disclose or use your information for any other purposes. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Third parties such as courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against us, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, or (iv) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Bindel, its employees, its members, or members of the public; and
- Other third parties upon your request or with your approval.
We may share your information in an aggregate form with third parties. For example, we may share information about your use of our services, or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes. These datasets will not contain your name or contact details such as address, email address, or phone number.
Transfer of Data
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
The website is not intended for persons under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us in connection with thebindel.com, please contact us at [email protected]
Managing Your Information
Incorrect or Incomplete Information. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. You may ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you that you cannot update yourself.
You may choose to stop receiving our marketing or promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected]
Commitment to Data Security
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. To help keep your information secure we limit access to authorized employees, agents and contractors who have agreed to help keep information secure and confidential.